Screw pumps are positive displacement pumping mechanisms that uses single or multiple screws to propel fluids, or solids, along the screw’s axis.
There are many advantages to using screw pumps.
- They are hardy pumps that undergoes minimal wear and tear
- They will operate for many years without giving trouble or breaking down, in fact it is not uncommon for a screw pump to last up to 20 years.
- They are easily able to pump raw sewage, both floating and heavy solids, radically lowering costs by eliminating the need for “extra” equipment.
- Little maintenance is required to keep a screw pump in tip top shape. It is easy and can be done by your own staff, making it the obvious choice for rural areas.
- Screw pumps are able to run whether there is water or not, thus completely eliminating the risk of “dry-running” your pump.
It is easy to see why screw pumps are the best choice for any fluid propulsion, so contact Shosa today for a quote.